Disaster Recovery Coordinator
The Alabama-Tombigbee Regional Commission is looking for an individual to join its team as a disaster recovery coordinator.
The Disaster Recovery Coordinator will perform duties associated with the development and implementation of an economic recovery/resiliency plan for the Alabama-Tombigbee Region.
- Assists in local, state, and federally led coronavirus recovery planning efforts.
- Identifies key players in disaster recovery and community development to foster relationships and build business partnerships to utilize resources and encourage continued and increased support throughout the community
- Provides support and collaborations in the planning, development, implementation, analysis and documentation required to assist local Chambers of Commerce, local businesses and Government Entities to achieve economic recovery.
- Uses knowledge about economic development to increase broadband availability and deployment within the ATRC region.
- Promotes ATRC’s Revolving Loan Fund to businesses throughout the region.
- Identifies potential economic resiliency, recovery, and/or other development projects within locally impacted communities that are eligible for state and federal funding opportunities.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in planning, public administration, or a related field with at least two years of experience in that field. An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered. Preferred qualifications: Master’s degree in planning, public administration, or a related field with at least one year of experience in that field.
Job Type: Contract (not to exceed two years)
Pay: $4,500/month Please submit cover letter and resume with references to Brandy Wilkerson, Planning Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.