Position is responsible for developing and administering contracts and grants, conducting community planning, performs census activities, manages records and prepares reports, performs professional development activities, and performs related services:
- Attends grant application workshops and obtains information; attends city council and city/county commission meetings, and maintains contacts with city/county officials regarding developmental needs and plans; conducts citizen participation hearings related to planned development projects; conducts household surveys and interviews under the federal Community Development Block Grant Program to determine needs and eligibility.
- Prepares and writes grant applications; obtains required documentation; submits grant applications to the funding agency.
- Administers funded grants by organizing and maintaining files of citizen participation hearings, assessing economic/infrastructure needs, obtaining environmental impact and other engineering studies, and publishing required public notices; initiating projects by advertising; overseeing property acquisition; monitoring contractor compliance; auditing compliance; monitoring contractor work performance; and conducting contract and grant closeout procedures.
- Serves as contact person for the Rural Planning Organization, state and regional plans and committees; coordinates meeting agendas, conducts citizen surveys, prepares committee materials, develops and distributes public notices, flyers, news releases, and other information; attends and records meeting minutes; develops plans in compliance with federal and state regulations; conducts and prepares for public involvement meetings; and submits quarterly and yearly invoices.
- Serves as contact person for LRCOG as state Data Center Affiliate; responds to questions and inquiries for statistical information; trains and directs census takers; reconstructs census boundaries; coordinates the Local Update Census Address program; conducts statistical Area Participation Survey Analysis; and conducts post-census information workshops for public and commercial organizations.
- Assists in extracting and filing statistical information from the U. S. Bureau of the Census; organizes and records data from census takers, and reports to the BOC; provides customized statistical information upon request; maintains census library; maintains records and databases related to contracts and grants, community planning as required; researches files as necessary to support programs and activities and audits and prepares and submits required reports.
- Serves as contact person for state and regional plans and committees; coordinates meeting agendas, conducts citizen surveys, prepares committee materials, develops and distributes public notices, flyers, news releases, and other information; attends and records meeting minutes; develops plans in compliance with federal and state regulations; conducts and prepares for public involvement meetings; and submits quarterly and yearly invoices.
- With supervisor input accesses training needs, develops personal professional improvement plan, independently consults books and articles, attends training meetings and conferences and applies concepts and principles learned in job activities.
- Advises other departments on contract and grant procedures; performs related tasks as requested by Director, Planning and Economic Development, Executive Director and members of LRCOG Leadership Team.
Bachelor’s degree in public administration, or closely related field with academic background or experience in planning and economic development. Experience in contract and grant administration is desirable. OR have other equivalent combination of training and experience. Salary range: $49,033 – $73,548. Send cover letter, resume and references to: Suzanne Burnette, Executive Director, Lee-Russell Council of Governments, 2207 Gateway Drive, Opelika, AL 36801, Phone (334) 749-5264, Fax (334) 749-6582 or email SBurnette@lrcog.com. Position will remain open until filled. LRCOG is an equal opportunity employer.