Under direction, works with the Economic Development Director on providing technical assistance to local governments
with issues related to land use and transportation planning assistance, grant development and implementation,
geospatial/GIS solutions, hazard mitigation programs, and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares comprehensive planning documents for communities throughout the region.
- Assists communities in updating or developing zoning ordinances, land use maps, and subdivision regulations.
- Assists in writing and administering grants to appropriate agencies.
- Attends city council, county commission, and other public meetings to gather information or present data.
- Plans, compiles, and drafts base maps, land use maps, graphs, charts, plot plans, and other illustrations.
- Confers with Economic Development Director to determine which project(s) to undertake and to plan focus for research.
- Conducts personal interviews with area residents and organizational leaders regarding such planning issues as land use, zoning, utilities, transportation, recreational facilities, and community services.
- Consults with engineers, system operators, and other experts regarding possible systems upgrades.
- Provides communities with a broad picture of their facilities/systems—strengths, weaknesses, and areas which may need attention.
- Attends professional meetings, workshops, or classes in area of specialty.
- Performs other duties related to project or as requested by Economic Development Director.
Download the full posting here: